6 Tips for Designing Enamel Lapel Pins
These are our top 6 tips for designing Enamel Lapel Pins. Check them out!
1.Keep size in mind: The complexity of the design needs to correlate with the size of your Lapel Pins. If you have a complex design, we recommend going for a bigger Lapel Pins (30mm +) for the best possible result.
2.Colours matter: Select colours that harmonise with each other and especially take into consideration your metal plating choice. Contrasting colours can often look great together too. It’s important to note that you can only use solid colours for your design. Colour gradients are not achievable. If you really need a lapel pin with colour, please consider our Offset Lapel Pins.
Select the colours you would like for your Enamel Lapel Pins design, from the Pantone Solid Colour Chart.
3.Include a metal outline: Include a metal outline around each section of colour. Every colour has a raised metal border to stop the colours from bleeding with each other during production.
– The minimum metal line thickness for Soft Enamel Lapel Pins is 0.088mm, which is 0.25pt in Adobe Illustrator.
– The minimum metal line thickness for Cloisonné Lapel Pins is 0.176mm, which is 0.5pt in Adobe Illustrator.
4.Allow enough space for color enamel to be infilled and you can use glitter to make the pin more vivid:
Enamel Pins Badges are like stained glass windows. Each section of color is segmented and bordered by a metal outline, but instead of colored glass, we used colored enamel liquid.
In the same respect as a stained-glass window, the areas of color cannot be too small or intricate. We are not able to add color enamel to too small or thin areas, there must be a minimum to allow the enamel to flow into the segmented and recessed area.
– The minimum enamel infill area for Soft Enamel Lapel Pins is 0.423mm, which is 1.2pt in Adobe Illustrator
– The minimum enamel infill area for Cloisonné Lapel Pins 0.35mm, which is 1pt in Adobe Illustrator
5.Utilise different platings: The plating for Enamel Lapel Pins doesn’t have to be gold or silver. For example, if your design has black lines, go with our dyed black metal plating. All our plating options are FREE, so please look at the various options we offer and select the plating that works best for your design.
Click here for various plating options.
6.Complicated badges can use Structure.For Combined lapel pin，the layers are more distinct and it need structure between two pins. But the pin looks more special and pretty.
Our guidelines for Enamel Lapel Pins:
– The minimum metal line thickness for Soft Enamel Lapel Pins is 0.088mm, which is 0.25pt in Illustrator
– The minimum metal line thickness for Cloisonne Lapel Pins is 0.176mm, which is 0.5pt in Illustrator
– The minimum enamel infill area for Soft Enamel Lapel Pins is 0.423mm, which is 1.2pt in Illustrator
– The minimum enamel infill area for Cloisonne Lapel Pins 0.35mm, which is 1pt in Illustrator
Our Enamel Lapel Pins are our favorite and top selling products. Feel free to get creative and then Unilapelpin will translate your design into a finished Lapel Pins that you are sure to love. Remember our 5 Star Customer Service team is always here to answer any questions you have.
Is your Lapel Pins design all set? Order your Enamel Lapel Pins online and contact us today. For more information on the processes for Cloisonné and Soft Enamel Lapel Pins take a look at our blog Cloisonne(Hard Enamel) vs Soft Enamel.